Wednesday 9 November 2016

Social Media Responce: Artist Name Ideas

In order to get feedback about my artist name ideas, I got in contact with my target audience over social media. I asked them to pick their favourite name out of the options and explain why they chose this.

 

Here are the results that I received:




















From this feedback I can see that my target audience generally like the band names with the word 'fossils' in. I think that I will combine elements of both of the names in order to create the band name, 'The Fossils'. I have decide upon this because the use of the word 'the' in a band name is very common within the indie rock genre and I think that this will highlight the bands genre to the target audience. I came up with the word fossils because I was inspired by the band name 'Blossoms'. I liked the natural element of the name and thought that it was good for the genre; therefore I started to think nature based words. The word fossils came to mind and I thought that it sounded cool because fossils can be unique and tell us about the past. I am happy with the decision to name my band, The Fossils' and think that it will be successful. Whilst I like the word 'iridescence' I don't think that it works as well with the indie rock genre as 'The Fossils'. However I think that the word could work in the album title. Therefore when coming up with album title names, I shall experiment with names involving the word 'iridescence'.

No comments:

Post a Comment