Monday 21 November 2016

Digipak Inspiration // Front Cover

Now that I have started the editing/post production process for my music video, I can start to think about the design of my digipak. I have been looking at digipaks released by artists from the indie rock genre, so that I can gain inspiration and ideas for my own. When looking through digipaks from the indie rock genre, there were a couple that stood out to me. These were;


(The Vaccines // What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?)


(Catfish and The Bottlemen // The Balcony)



(Arctic Monkeys // AM)

What stood out to me about these album covers, were their simplicity. The style that each of the covers followed was very minimalistic and simple, which meant that they weren't over the top. I also liked the fact that the artist/bands weren't on the covers because it was reflective of how their main focus is on the content they produce.
When designing my digipack front cover, I might draw ideas from each of these designs. Such as the layout or the colour scheme. I really like the use of the illustration on both the catfish and the Bottlemen album and the arctic monkeys album. Therefore I might come up with my own illustration idea which links with my album and band. I am going to create a questionnaire which I shall give out to people in my target audience to find out what they think of digipaks and what ideas of mine they like the best. I am also going to start to create a mood board of potential images that I could use throughout my digipak, some of these might be screenshots from the footage in my music video and others might be illustrations/sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment