Saturday 1 October 2016

Record Label Name Ideas

From researching into different record labels, I have decided that I want my own record label to be both independent and successful. I have come up with a couple of different name ideas for my record label, these are; 
  1. Blitzer Records 
  2. Radar Records 
  3. Amber Records 
  4. Foreigner Records 
A common theme with all of these name ideas, is that they end in ‘R’. I decided this because I want my logo to have a large R in the middle and the first word in the top left hand corner and the second word in the bottom right hand corner. To look something similar to this:



I am still undecided on the font that I want to use for my logo. Therefore I plan on creating 3-5 different draft logos, so that I can gain feedback from my target audience on what one they think is the best.  I also want to put a shape around the text, to border it and make it stand out more. Im thinking either a circle or rectangle will be a good shape border for the logo, however I will also experiment with this in my drafts. 


Out of the 4 different name ideas that I have come up with my favourite is probably ‘Radar Records’. I think that the name sounds cool but also quite professional. I do also like ‘Blitzer Records’, however the word blitzer has multiple different meanings which might cause confusion amongst my target audience. Before I start to come up with designs for my logo, I am going to find out what name my target audience prefers and why. This will enable me to create a record label that my target audience are interested in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment