Sunday 16 October 2016

Inspirations

As I want to experiment with colours and lighting within my music video. I decided to search for some music videos that gave me ideas and inspiration for lighting that I could use within my own music video. I found each video inspiring for a different reason, and I think that from watching these videos I have a better understanding of what it is I want to achieve with the lighting in my video.


In this music video, I was inspired by the use of strobe lighting. I liked how the strobe lighting was in time with the music and was used to change between scenes. The music video continued to show different women dancing to the music and running their hands over their bodies. This is something that I would like my Actor 2 to do, therefore I might show them this music video so that we can both get inspiration for movements that they can do. 


In this music video, I liked how colour filters had been used. The colour red was the dominant colour throughout the video, however some blue and purple was also used. Another thing that I liked in this video was the layering. Layering/overlapping of footage was constantly used throughout the music video; I think that this made the transitions between the clips smooth and made the video feel more dreamlike.


I like this video because of the red filter/lighting used throughout the music video. The colours on the screen continued to swap for the duration of the music video; the background would be black and the artists would be red and then the background would be red and the artists would be black. I like how this looked as it made the video more engaging by subtly changing the contrasts.


In this music video, I liked how cuts were made so that the background would change to the beat and pace of the song. I feel like this makes the video work better with the song, because it changes as the beat does. Another think I like about this music video, is how the lead singer really exaggerates his lip syncing for specific parts of the song. This is similar to how I want Actor 1 to lip-sync in my music video; therefore I will show him this video so that he can gain inspiration for his lip-syncing.


I like how two different colour filters/lighting (red and blue) have been used in thus music and then the footage has been overlapped. It makes the music video, appear almost 3D because of the colours and how it has been edited. 


1 comment:

  1. Excellent keep going, now you need to post shooting schedule, organisation of your music artists, props etc.

    Be ready to film during half term.

    Keep blogging

    EJ

    ReplyDelete