Tuesday 24 January 2017

Digipak Inside Back Cover Construction

I decided that the inside of my digipak needed a back cover to go behind the CD. Therefore I decided to put some more information about the album and the band here. I continued the use of a square black background to match the rest of the digiapk.


I then used the text tool, in order to add a layer for me to type in the information. Some of information I included was about where the record was recorded, the band members and a 'thanks to'; I decided to include this information because when looking at digipaks I noticed that this is often included somewhere within the product. I also decided to centre the text so that it looked better on the page and filled the space up more efficiently.
Once I had all of the text typed out I pressed the tick in the tool bar in order to save the changes I had made. I then moved the text up slightly so that it was positioned in the centre of the back cover. However I felt like this was slightly too simple and that there was a lot of empty space. Therefore I decided to include the signatures of the bands members to make the digipak seem more personal. I used a website called 'my livesignature' in order to create and design 3 different signatures for each of the band members. Once I had designed each one I downloaded them and then opened them onto photoshop. From here I would select the signature using the select tool to copy the signature and the pasted in onto the back cover. I then had to right click on the layer and select blending options, this was to make the signature fonts white like the rest of the text on the page. From blending options, I selected the 'colour overlay' option and choose the colour white.






Once the signature colour was changed, I moved it down below the record information. I placed all three next to each other and used the free transform tool to change the sizes and angles of each signature to make them even more personal.



Overall I am happy with the inside back cover of my digipak. Most of this information isn't overly important and has already been mentioned else where on the digipak therefore I thought that this would work well for behind the CD. This is the final inside back cover of my digipak:

No comments:

Post a Comment