Thursday 29 September 2016

Questionnaire Results

After giving my questionnaire to 14 people  I calculated the results and decided that it would be best to turn the answers into pie charts so that I could easily analyse the results. For the open questions, I decided to just analyse the most popular answers in a short paragraph.


This pie chart shows that 50% of the people that I asked to do my questionnaire were aged 15-19 years old and only 14% were aged25-30. Therefore the primary demographic is 15-19 year olds and I should gear my music video more towards that audience. I can do this by including references to current culture and using some bright colours to keep them engaged in my music video. However I should still make sure that my music video is appropriate for a range of age groups so that I can reach a wider audience. 


This pie chart shows that out of the people I asked in my target audience 43% of them were females. This could be reflective of the whole audience, therefore I should think about aiming my music video mostly at a female demographic. This could involve using a male actor through the majority of the music video. I am somewhat surprised by these results as generally makes listen to the indie rock genre more than females because the genre is do dominated by male artists and bands. 

This pie chart shows that my target audience tend to prefer hybrid music videos and that they don't enjoy concept based music videos. This therefore suggests that I should do a hybrid music video in order to make my product appeal to my target audience. However I think that I actually want to do a performance based music video because I think that it would suit my song choice the best. Whilst this goes against what the majority of my target audience said, I think that a performance based music video will still be popular with my audience. 



From this pie chart I have been able to find out that most of my target audience like to watch music videos weekly. This is good because it means that my audience are likely to watch my music video. 29% of people watch music videos everyday, there it is likely that these people will tell their friends or relatives about my music video and might encourage them to watch it. 


This pie charts shows that my target audience watches music videos on a variety of different platforms; the most people one being websites such as YouTube and Vevo. This suggests that I should make sure my music video will be available across all of these platforms in order to make it easy for my target audience to find and watch my music video and potentially discuss and share it with their friends or family. 

From this piechart, I have learnt that the majority of my target audience are influenced to watch a music video if it includes their favourite artist of band. Because of this I think that it will be important to include the artist in my music video in order to make it appeal to the bands fanbase as well as others. Word of mouth is also a thing that influences my target audience to watch music videos. Therefore I should make sure that my music video is well spoken about within my audience both in physically and online so that more people become aware of the video. 



How important are they? 



As this was a two part question, these responses were written explaining how important music videos are. 11 out of the 14 people that I asked believed that music video were important to them. Some of they explanations included; 'they provide me with entertainment', 'they let me connect with my favourite artists/bands', 'they give context to the song' as well as 'they allow the song to be expressed visually which is interesting to watch'.Whilst the majority of my target audience said that music videos were important to them, 3 out of the 14 said that they were not. The explanations for this were; 'the focus should be more on the music' and 'they are often quite rubbish and therefore I don't want to watch them'. These results show that music videos are generally important to my target audience, this is reassuring for me because I know that my target audience will actually want to watch my music video. 

What features and conventions would you expect to see in an indie rock music video? 


For this question I gained a range of results; these results should help me when making my own music video as I will be able to follow some of the conventions that my audience thinks reflects my genre. The general feedback for this question was: 'casual clothing', 'messy hair', 'dark locations and lighting', 'heavy makeup', 'dark colours such as navy blue, black and grey', 'colour filters' and 'instruments'. The conventions that my target audience can up with happen to be very similar to the original ideas that I had for my music video on my 'song ideas brainstorm'. This suggests that me and my target audience have very similar ideas for indie rock music videos. This hopefully means that my music video will be appealing to them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment