Friday 2 December 2016

Digipak Track List Research

I decided to look at the track listing for some albums by indie rock artists so that I could could an idea of the amount of songs bands usually include on their albums as well as what they name them.



















I found that generally the albums tend to have around 10-12 songs which vary in length. From this information I decided to create an online poll so that I could find out how many tracks my target audience would like to see on my digipak. I created my poll online using a website called 'poll everywhere'. I then sent the link to people using social media and instant text messaging.






I sent this poll link out to 15 people, and these were the results:



From the results I can tell that my target audience would expect to see 9-11 songs on a digipak. This happens to be reflective of the research that I conducted into already existing indie rock albums. Because of this, I am going to include at least 11 songs on my digipak. I now need to come up with some names for them. Therefore I am going to research indie rock songs and see what they generally are called in order to make mine as similar to the conventions of the genre as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment